Tuesday, May 18, 2010

W W L B L W N P Part 4

Francine Tyler-Owens opened her eyes. She turned over in the bed expecting to see her familiar bedroom.
“Oh yeah; I’m no longer home. Instead I’m in this hole in the wall motel searching for a job.” She thought looking around her. The room was scantily furnished. It had two beds, a nightstand, and a TV. It also was adjoined to a small bathroom. She looked over at her son in the other bed. “It was worth it. My children are worth leaving my husband. I don’t know what I’m going to do but I will get through this.”
Matt Owens woke up and looked at his mom; her face looked haggard from recent events. She was usually a beautiful woman who had been in beauty pageants but now she looked old. Her blonde hair was stringy and she wore no makeup.
Fran felt depressed and hurt. She didn’t feel like doing anything but she had to be strong for her son and daughter. She decided to jump in the shower to start job hunting. Matt was going to be leaving for school soon. She went into the clean but old shower and turned the water on as hot as she dared. The water rushing down on her was like a cleansing waterfall. It wiped away her sorrows and worries and renewed her. But when it was over the nagging thoughts were back:
“What job are you supposed to get? You never even finished college! In 6 months you’ll just come crawling back to George like a whipped dog.” They said.
“No! I won’t! I can do this! I’m strong enough!” She told the voices.
She looked down and realized she had punched the wall as her knuckles were throbbing.
“Oh, what am I going to do?” She said out loud; crumbling to the floor in a heap. “What am I going to do?!”

No comments:

Post a Comment